lundi 5 juin 2017

Prince's Gambit (Captive Prince #2) - C.S. Pacat





Title: Prince's Gambit

Series: Captive Prince #2

Author: C.S. Pacat

Publisher: Berkley

Rating: 5/5






Pitch:
With their countries on the brink of war, Damen and his new master Prince Laurent must exchange the intrigues of the palace for the sweeping might of the battlefield as they travel to the border to avert a lethal plot.
Forced to hide his identity, Damen finds himself increasingly drawn to the dangerous, charismatic Laurent. But as the fledgling trust between the two men deepens, the truth of secrets from both their pasts is poised to deal them the crowning death blow . . .
(Goodreads)

My review:
Oh gosh! I freaking loved this book. Even more than the first one. So much happens! It's all twists and turns and it was just amazing. I literally flew through it. 
I loved the character development. Damen is forced to make choices that are hard for him but he grows stronger. He is evolving into something great. Laurent is at the same time the same but different. He's growing up, changing and evolving as he discovers things he never saw before Damen shows them to him. 
What I liked the most how well-built the world is. The description are just how I like them: precise but not too long. Just what one needs to make up a picture in one's mind. 
Like in the first book, the romance is almost secondary. It's there, always, every single time Damen and Laurent are together but it's underlying, subtle and a hundred time more powerful than if it was explicit and out there like in most romance novel. 
The politics and fights are well written and the entire book is so fast-paced that if I didn't have to go to work, I would have read it in one single sitting. Well, actually, even at work, I read it during my breaks... I was so into it I had to read as much of it I could. 
This is a really good second book. Usually, I'm not so into second books because they are just a transition but this one is different and really well done. I ate it way too quickly but it was just too good to resist.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire