dimanche 15 janvier 2017

We were liars - E. Lockhart




Title: We Were Liars

Author: E. Lockhart

Publisher: Delacorte Books

Rating: 5+/5

Read in French





Summary:
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.
(Goodreads) 


My review:
This book is amazing! Absolutely incredible! I wasn't expecting this at all. Especially with the first chapters so vague and weird. At first, it wasn't really gripping. It took me a few chapters before getting into the story and once that was done, there has been no way back. I couldn't put the book down.
I bought that book because it was cheap and that I heard a lot about it on booktube and on some blogs. I wasn't expecting much of it. And with that hazy start, I was expecting even less. But now, I understand why it became so popular and talked about! 
The holiday-on-an-island concept and all that rich-and-money-centered influence in the life of the teenagers... I didn't really like that. It was almost like reality TV to me. Moreover, why the "Liars"? I don't remember the author explaining the specifics of that name. I wish there was more details about that.
Still, never once during the entire book have I thought that what happens would happen. I had theories, searched explanations and my brain was working so hard it was insane. I loved that, searching the answers, never having a clue and then just discovering everything and feel the entire shock, just like the character. Honestly, I suspected everyone and imagined every scenario possible.
The ending is incredible with so much emotions that I had a tear escaping. It was beautifully written and I loved it even if I hated the author to do that. I don't know where she had that idea but it's insane! And it was hard to recover after that. I had such a book hangover after this one!
It was my first family drama and I'm far from disappointed. This book is one of my 2016 favorites after all. It even makes me want to read more family dramas so if you have any recommendations, just leave them in the comments!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire