samedi 7 janvier 2017

Suddenly One Summer (FBI/US Attorney #6) - Julie James



Title: Suddenly One Summer

Series: FBI/US Attorney #6

Author: Julie James

Publisher: Jove

Rating: 4/5

Read in English




Summary:
Divorce lawyer Victoria Slade has seen enough unhappy endings to swear off marriage forever. That doesn't mean she's opposed to casual dating—just not with her cocky new neighbor, who is as gorgeous and tempting as he is off-limits. But once she agrees to take on his sister's case, she's as determined to win as ever—even if that means teaming up with Ford…
Investigative journalist Ford Dixon is bent on finding the man who got his sister pregnant and left her high and dry. He's willing to partner with Victoria, despite the fact that the beautiful brunette gets under his skin like no other woman. He might not be looking to settle down, but there's no denying the scorching attraction between them. Still, the more time he spends with Victoria, the more he realizes that the one woman as skeptical about love as he is might be the only woman he could really fall for…
(Goodreads)

My review:
I'll say it right now: I think it might be my favorite book from Julie James. Or maybe second favorite after Sexiest Man Alive. I loved this sixth book in the series. It's definitely the best of the entire series yet. The characters are realistic and endearing and it was just so... real! I loved (almost) every bit of it. 
I loved Victoria. It's quite unusual of me to like the female character but I adored Victoria. The way Julie James built her is amazing and really well thought. She's a really believable character and easy to relate to after what happens to her in the very first chapters. And the way she reacts when confronted to Ford? I loved it! 
As for Ford, I really liked him too. He's quite endearing, actually. Not as much as Cade (I think he might be my favorite male character in this series) but still really likeable. His best friend being Brooke (from Love Irresistibly aka book 4, people!) I thought I would remember him but I didn't. Is my memory getting that bad already or did he appear in book 4? I can't remember at all. But still, I loved that thread going to that book (to Cade!). I was waiting for it since I knew it would appear. 
I liked Nicole and what she brings to the novel. She's a mess but she's courageous and I loved how, somehow she tricked Victoria into helping her. The only thing that bothered me in her story was the ending. It was to heart-and-flowers for me. That part lacked a bit of realism for my taste. It was too perfect, too... I don't know how to explain it but I didn't buy it. 
Still, looking back at the novel, I can say I REALLY liked it. This series keeps getting better with every book that's coming out. Now, I just wait for Julie James to release her ninth book, The Thing About Love in April. The 18th if I remember well what I saw on Goodreads. Gosh! I hate waiting for good books!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire