mercredi 4 janvier 2017

It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney #5) - Julie James



Title: It Happened One Wedding

Series: FBI/US Attorney #5

Author: Julie James

Publisher: Jove

Rating: 4/5

Read in English




Summary: 
SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”
After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until her sister walks down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to his smooth advances, no matter how tempting they are…
BUT HE MAKES IT HARD TO SAY “I DON’T”
Special Agent Vaughn Roberts always gets his man on the job and his woman in bed. So Sidney’s refusal to fall for his charms only makes him more determined to win over the cool and confident redhead. Only what starts out as a battle of wills ends up as a serious play for her heart. Because the one woman who refuses to be caught may be the only one Vaughn can’t live without…
(Goodreads)

My review:
After the previous book in this series, I wanted to read this one because I knew I would finally get Vaughn's story. And since I already liked his characters, I knew I would enjoy this book. And I did! I liked every bit of this funny, witty romance. Vaughn is a great character with his own flaws but damn, he's an FBI agent. That alone would make me love him! But he is really great and easy to love. It's even better when his personality and will clash with Sidney's. 
As for Sidney, I liked her a lot. She knows what she wants and she is really easy to relate to. I loved how she doesn't swoon over Vaughn, how decided she is and funny at the same time. I loved her sarcasm and wit. She's not one to easily get bullied or to go out of her way if she does not want to. It's a really nice change. 
I loved how she brings back her other characters like Cade Morgan or Vaughn's partner. All the books are linked through their characters and that's a great thing. I really like that in this series. 
The thing that bothered me the most was their first... intimate encounter. I didn't like how sudden and quite... illogical it was. I didn't see it coming and I didn't like the way it came. It didn't feel like it as a normal way for their relationship to evolve and change. It felt wrong and forced. The next encounters are better and way more realistic and that makes the first one even worse.
But overall, this romance is really good. It's a fast read, as usual with Julie James' books but they keep getting better. And I'm sure the next one will be even better. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire