dimanche 4 décembre 2016

Harry Potter And The Cursed Child - J.K. Rowling & Jack Thorne & John Tiffany



Title: Harry Potter And The Cursed Child

Series: Harry Potter #8

Authors: J.K. Rowling & Jack Thorne & John Tiffany

Publisher: Little, Brown, UK

Rating: 3.5/5

Read in English




Summary:
It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.
(Goodreads)
My review:
I heard so many bad reviews about this that I wasn't expecting much. I thought it would be really bad. But since I started my read without expecting to get anything out of that book, it wasn't that bad. I even enjoyed it somehow. 
The beginning is blurry. Years passed quick, actions and dialogues are not really presented well. I didn't really like the first act. But the rest is fun and nice. Pretty much like a fanfiction written in the form of a play. 
When I closed the book, that's the impression I got. That I just finished reading a fanfiction. Not a novel, not another Harry Potter book but a fanfiction. 
I loved Scorpius. Well, he's a Malfoy after all. I always had a thing for the Malfoy boys. And his relationship with Albus is total fanfiction material. Just saying. 
I don't have much to say about it. The relationships between the characters are not really realistic. Especially the Ron/Hermione and Albus/Harry ones. They are almost cartoon-ish for the first one and "rebel teen" cliché for the second one. Seriously, it could have been done way better. 
The plot is basic. I didn't gave it much thought. Delphi isn't really credible in her role. She's more of a brat than what she's supposed to be. I won't say more to avoid spoilers. 
So, yeah, overall, it's not that bad but it's not that good either. I enjoyed it (because it's hard for me not to enjoy a Harry Potter fanfiction/book (sorry, not sorry) but it's not the best thing I've ever read. Let's be honest, I read some fanfictions that were way better than this...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire