mercredi 30 novembre 2016

Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell




Title: Fangirl

Author: Rainbow Rowell

Publisher: Pan Macmillan

Rating: 5+/5

Read in English





Summary:
Cath and Wren are identical twins, and until recently they did absolutely everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair any more - she wants to dance, meet boys, go to parties and let loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She would rather bury herself in the fanfiction she writes where there's romance far more intense than anything she's experienced in real life.
Now Cath has to decide whether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she's realizing that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible ...
A tale of fanfiction, family, and first love.
(Goodreads)

My review:
OMG! This book was... I don't even have words for it. I was THAT good! I had doubts about it but I really wanted to read since everyone was raging about it. I seriously never read or heard anything bad about it so I figured I would love it. 
And I DID! I loved every single bit of it! I loved the characters, the storyline, the plot... I loved everything. 
Cath is a really great character and I identified myself to her real quick. I used to write fanfiction and, even though I have moved on to write novels now, I related to her reasons to write. I think that part made it for me. I knew from that moment I would love that book since the author really understood and explained perfectly the reasons of her main character to write. 
Overall, all the characters are great. I didn't like Wren that much since she's a real brat (let's stay polite). Sometimes, I wanted to shake her and slap her. 
For a moment, I was scared since there are Nick and Levi. I was already sighing "love triangle...". If Rainbow Rowell had done that, I would have been really pissed at her to say the least. But both the boys bring something to the story, to Cath and I loved it. I could very well imagine myself in her place and I would have felt exactly the same. I don't think I've ever felt that close to a character before. 
The thing I loved most about that book was the concept of two stories in one. I loved having those passages from Cath's fanfic mixed in her own story. I want more of Baz and Simon, now. It doesn't matter that I don't now anything from the fake book series. I want to read Cath's fanfic. 
And ALL Rainbow Rowell's books. ALL OF THEM. 
Oh, and the art inside the cover is adorable and I loved that small touch that I didn't see at first. It felt like fanart and I loved it. It's a nice touch to it. 
Anyway, I loved everything about the book. I won't say it enough. I FREAKING LOVED IT. It's a masterpiece. Rainbow Rowell is going to become one of my favorite authors if all her books are that good!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire