mercredi 2 mars 2016

A Duke of her Own (Desperate Duchesses #6) by Eloisa James



Title: A Duke of her Own

Series: Desperate Duchesses #6

Author: Eloisa James

Publisher: Avon

Rating: 4.5/5

Read in French




Summary:
Leopold Dautry, the notorious Duke of Villiers, must wed quickly and nobly—and his choices, alas, are few. The Duke of Montague's daughter, Eleanor, is exquisitely beautiful and fiercely intelligent. Villiers betroths himself to her without further ado.
After all, no other woman really qualifies. Lisette, the outspoken daughter of the Duke of Gilner, cares nothing for clothing or decorum. She's engaged to another man, and doesn't give a fig for status or title. Half the ton believes Lisette mad—and Villiers is inclined to agree.
Torn between logic and passion, between intelligence and imagination, Villiers finds himself drawn to the very edge of impropriety. But it is not until he's in a duel to the death, fighting for the reputation of the woman he loves, that Villiers finally realizes that the greatest risk may not be in the dueling field...
But in the bedroom. And the heart.
(Goodreads)

My review:
I had stopped hoping but this book is AMAZING! Well, with a character like Villiers (whom I absolutely love since the first book), it had to be! Seeing how the previous books were average (or worse), I had doubts.
But VILLIERS!
This book is just incredible. Real Eloisa James stuff, just as I like it. Especially that, FINALLY the female characters are great too! Eleanor, just as Lisette, each in her own way.
I related pretty fast to Eleanor. We are very much alike, actually. Sarcasm is my middle name. So, finally getting to see a female character with such a sharp tongue who made me laugh, it was heaven! I loved the evolution of Eleanor during the whole book. She evolves at the same time as Villiers and it's really well done! I got hooked in all of what's happening without being able to stop reading.
Lisette is the lovely kind of crazy who could become annoying on the long term. She's endearing in her outspoken side and annoying in the fact that she's always spacing out and such. The revelations about Lisette at the end really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it AT ALL! And I should have! I loved this way of fulfilling the circle, with all the characters.
Villiers is forever the same and I love him like that. I still can't get over his name. He doesn't have the behavior of a Leopold. Anyway, Leopold. Just... Leopold. THis name is just... Naaaaah! I really can't cope. But I love him and this book pushed him at the top position in my ranking, just before Elijah and Strange who are still fighting over the second place XD 
There's another male that will more than probably make his place into my list and it's none other than one of Villiers's children (I won't call him Leopold. No way!). Tobias. He has a real hero of romance vibe even if he only has a secondary position. He is awfully endearing since his very first apparition. So, imagine my joy when I saw that a book will be publish for him! It will appear on the shelves in a few days and is titled "Trois semaines avec Lady X"!! I can't waiiiiiit!! The title sounds really mysterious. I'm even happier since I thought the series was over with Villiers's book! I really really really hope Tobias's book will be as good (if not better) as his father's one because I don't want to end the series on a bad review... 
Anyway, this book is awesome. I can't remember something I didn't like about it. Compared to the previous book, this one is nearing perfection!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire