jeudi 25 février 2016

This Duchess of Mine (Desperate Duchesses #5) by Eloisa James



Title: This Duchess of Mine

Series: Desperate Duchesses #5

Author: Eloisa James

Publisher: Avon

Rating: 3/5

Read in French




Summary:
No man can resist Jemma's sensuous allure . . . Except her own husband!
Wedding bells celebrating the arranged marriage between the lovely Duchess of Beaumont and her staid, imperturbable duke had scarcely fallen silent when a shocking discovery sent Jemma running from the ducal mansion. For the next nine years she cavorted abroad, creating one delicious scandal after another (if one is to believe the rumors).
Elijah, Duke of Beaumont, did believe those rumors.
But the handsome duke needs an heir, so he summons his seductive wife home. Jemma laughs at Elijah's cool eyes and icy heart—but to her secret shock, she doesn't share his feelings. In fact, she wants the impossible: her husband's heart at her feet.
But what manner of seduction will make a man fall desperately in love . . . with his own wife?
(Goodreads)

My review:
 For those who had the courage of reading all my review for the previous books, you know pretty well how pissed I was to see Jemma in every book (except for Harriet's one which is, actually, my favorite. Coincidence? I don't think so!). And FINALLY here is Jemma's book! I'm preparing for a great story, funny, sexy and all that makes Eloisa James's style. 
And I fall from a cliff. 
Nothing less.
Seriously! What is this book?! Truth be told, I LOVE Elijah. Really. I adore him. He's one of the best male characters of the series with Villiers and Strange (I just can't rank them. I love them all! The three of them won first place!). But Jemma...! I can't stand her any longer. It's awful to say that but I can't take her. It's even worse than with Tris of Divergent. I found a character capable of annoying me even more!
If it wasn't for Jemma, I would have liked that novel. Some of the moments are original and amazing. But mostly, Jemma is too annoying and boring and desperate and so not believable that it rubbed me off the wrong way. Poor Elijah! A character so great stuck with... her! No surprise the first thing we know about the couple is that he cheated on her! He tried to run away!
I'm really disappointed. Even more than with the previous book. The male characters are awesome but the women...! Gosh! They keep getting more and more hateful! Except for Harriet. I liked Harriet. Honestly, she travestied herself! The only thing Jemma does is whine and manipulate men like one goes to the toilets. How can Elijah like her... I guess every male, as amazingly created he is, has his part of stupidity...
Villiers is the only one who does not change an inch. He is pure awesomeness and I really really hope I won't be disappointed again because it looks like the series is going down. At first, it wasn't that bad (even if with the unbearable Jemma)... I'm disappointed. Really.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire