samedi 2 janvier 2016

Wedding of the Season (Abandoned at the Altar #1) by Laura Lee Guhrke



Title: Wedding of the Season

Series: Abandoned at the Altar

Author: Laura Lee Guhrke

Publisher: Avon

Rating: 3.5/5

Read in french





Summary:
Lady Beatrix Danbury had always known she would marry William Mallory. She'd loved him forever, and she'd never doubted he loved her, too. But when she made him choose between their life together or his lifelong dream, Will chose the latter...and left two weeks before their wedding.
Will has no illusions that Beatrix would welcome him back with open arms, but six years did not dim his love or desire for her. The only problem is, she's about to marry someone else. Someone safe and predictable...the complete opposite of Will. But can he stop the wedding of the season and win Beatrix back, or is it just too late?
(Goodreads)

 My review:
 I bought this book for really cheap on a garage sale, not knowing what to expect. I like that kind of book usually. They are easy reads, fast and simple. It's just a fun, one-sitting read. I wished this review would have been similar. But it won't be.
Globally, this book is an easy read. There's no real plot except for the romance between Beatrix and Will. But even that romance isn't that great. I mean, it didn't give me any feels at all. It was good but not exceptional. The characters are boring. Beatrix has no real personality. The only thing I remember about her is that she didn't jump from Angels' Head when she was young because she got scared despite how much she wanted to do it. How could I have not remembered it since it has been repeated A THOUSAND TIMES!? It annoyed me to no end to read the same thing over and over again. It felt like the author was trying to fill the blank pages between the beginning and the end of her book. She repeated the same thing. I know it's because Beatrix has a hard time accepting that her father had a too strong hold over her life and that she always acts like a scaredy cat because of that and that she needed to move on and be stronger and more independent.
The only character I liked (let's say that) was Julia. She's fun and wild like a child, unhappy in her lovelife but strong. She's a really good friend to Beatrix and I praise her for that. I would definitely not have been such a good friend to someone that annoying... Beatrix is one of the most unnerving and boring characters of romance novels I've ever met. 
Another thing I liked in this novel is the apparition of the first cars. It's the first time in that kind of book that the author talks about the first cars ever. I found it innovative and nice. 
But overall, this book wasn't good. The characters were boring and plain, I can't even remember a personality trait about Beatrix's fiancé, Aidan. He wasn't even that present in the book. It was all about Beatrix and Will. 
The writing style is nice to read but the characters are lacking and the plot too. I don't think I will read the next books in the series except if I find them for really cheap because they aren't worth my money. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire