samedi 2 janvier 2016

Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack




Title: Losing It

Author: Cora Carmack

Publisher: Harper Collins

Rating: 4.5/5

Read in french




Summary:
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
(Goodreads)

My Review:
Usually, I'm not one to read that kind of books. I swear. But I heard so much good stuff about it that I couldn't resist buying it. Despite the cover. Which is just... plain awful. Let's be honest.
And I LOVED it! 
I wasn't expecting much when I started it. I knew it would be just the "guilty pleasure" kind of book. The one you hide at the bottom of your shelf hoping no one will see it. The one you enjoy reading because it's easy, fun. 
This one takes that guilty pleasure to a whole new level. I enjoyed (almost) every bit of it. Bliss is adorable and I related totally to her character. She was fun, sweet and so... real! Cora Carmack managed to give her a reality of her own and she did it well. Even if I have to admit Bliss would have become annoying if the book had been longer.
I can't pinpoint what exactly makes it so different from this others of the same genre. The story is one we all read a thousand time but, somehow, the author managed to bring a nice twist to it. 
Something bothered a bit while reading it. At some point, it felt like the author was pushing some let's say action into it to make it last a bit longer. The book didn't have the same fluidity all along. Some bits were actually quite heavy. 
Also, I would have liked a little bit more of Cade. He was there but his character wasn't developed enough and I felt like he was there just because the author needed a character to make Garrick jealous. That doesn't quite sit well with me. 
Let's talk about Garrick. I love him. Final. British phlegm and all that packaging, I'm sold. BUT, there are some little glitches in his attitude. Sometimes, he annoyed me and some other times, his reactions didn't match. I wondered for a bit if he wasn't hiding the start of a schizophrenia. 
Overall, this book is amazing for someone searching something fun and easy to read, a page-turner where you just have to enjoy the moment. If I get my hand on the other books, I'll most probably buy them since I enjoyed it a lot but they are not my priority yet.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire