samedi 12 décembre 2015

[Book Haul #1] English Version

For this first book haul, I completely went crazy. I bought 12 books!! But it wasn't too expensive, in the end since I got them for really cheap. For all 12, I paid around 30€, I think. Something like that.
Now, let me introduce you to the new additions to my TBR!


The first six books, I bought them in english. The first one is none other than Brisingr, the third book in the saga by Christopher Paolini.  
Then comes Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse. The cover is absolutely beautiful. It's shiny and soft, almost velvety... I love it. The book is about Freddie who's traveling through the southern France in winter 1928. His car spins off the road during a storm and he stumbles through the woods and takes refuge in an isolated village. He meets Fabrissa. Over the night, they share their stories. By dawn, he finds himself holding the key to a heartbreaking mystery... 
Sounds interesting, doesn't it? I think I'll enjoy this book. If not, the cover is still gorgeous! 
Following is The Landscape of Love by Sally Beauman. Maisie is at her parents house, an ancient medieval abbey. Lucas is an artist and friend who paints the portrait of Maisie and her elder sisters. Maisie decides to depict another portrait: she tells the stories of her sisters, their lovers, her village friend Daniel... She describes evasions, betrayal, a lost England and a last summer... 
This  one will more than probably be a pure romance but who doesn't like a nice and easy romance from time to time? 
Out of the Shadows by Susan Lewis: Susannah's husband has been thrown in jail three years ago. Her thirteen-years-old daughter Neve is decided to take the matter into her hands. She's going to be helped by Patsy, her mother's friend. But things won't go the way they planned and Susannah couldn't have imagined her happiness to cause so much pain to the ones she loves... 
It sounds pretty good. I'm not sure of what to expect of this book but I hope I'll enjoy it. 
Can't let go by Jane Hill is probably the creepiest book of this haul. Beth is sure someone is stalking her. She finds a note, opens it and she's terrified. She built her life on a lie and now that she thinks she's safe, everything starts to unravel. She can trust no one, sees danger everywhere and she knows she has to find her stalker before he takes the revenge he threatened her with. 
This book sounds terrifying and I picked it exactly for that. I love scary books (just as much as I love scary movies, actually). I really hope I won't be disappointed. 
And last but not least, Dead Lovely by Helen Fitzgeral : Krissie doesn't want to 'settle down'. Her best friend, Sarah, is the exact opposite. But when Krissie becomes pregnant after a holiday dalliance, the girls' friendship turns sour. Sarah finds it really unfair since she's been trying to conceive for years. Things gets worse during a holiday in the Highlands. The much needed break becomes a nightmare made of sexual tension, murder and mayhem... 
Okay, I don't know what to expect about this but it says it's a sort of dark comedy so I may enjoy it. I hope I will. 



The next six books are in french.
First is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. Do I really need to introduce it because I think everybody knows Jane Eyre. For those who don't, it's the story of Jane, a penniless orphan who arrives at Thornfield manor to work. She has a passionate relationship with Rochester, the owner of the place. But a crazy woman is haunting them, threatening their union... I can't wait to finally read it! 
Then comes the second volume of Shadow Falls by C.C. Hunter. I didn't read the summary since I didn't read the first book yet. I don't want to be spoiled. 
Same goes for the third book of Amy Plum's series. I read the first book, this time, but not the second one! Since the third one was so cheap, I bought it anyway. I just have to by the second one, now... 
Since I found it for cheap, I bought The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I heard mixed opinions about this one and it was way to expensive to buy before but now that I found it for less than 6€, I will be able to make my own opinion on it. 
Losing It by Cora Cormack. I heard a lot of good things about this book and it got me curious. The story of Bliss who left a boy in her appartment, naked, after a lame excuse to run away just to find herself face to face with him the next day in her theatre class... Honestly, I can't wait. It sounds funny as hell and I heard so many good things about it that I'm getting impatient just by typing this post! 
Last but not least, Killing Me Softly by Nicci French. The novel is about an obsession. Alice meets a total stranger and in the blink of an eye, she gives up everything she has, even her lover, to go live with him and marry him without even knowing his name. But as she discovers him, she develops an dangerous obsession... This sounds so damn cool and creepy! I really hope the book will be as good as the summary. I never read this author so I don't know if I will like her style. I hope I will because this story sounds so good it would be a shame. 

That's it for the first haul on BBB! This blog never wore its name better! I went totally crazy to buy that many books! The worst thing is that I planned a trip to the biggest city around where I live after Christmas for the sales and I know I will buy tons of books again... My TBR is already overflowing so I HAVE TO read a lot this month. I have to go under the 100 books to read. 
Think I can?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire